Saturday, July 5, 2014

Language Arts 5th and 6th Grade

Here comes a new assignment for a new year of teaching!  Needless to say, there is much to do and lots of preparations underway this summer.

      
I've started reading some new, updated texts I hope to incorporate into the program soon.  The first novel I've read this summer is Smile by Riana Telgemeier.  It's a great beginning fifth grade read.  It might be on an easier level, but it has great comprehension aids (it's a graphic novel aka comic book) and a great theme for kids in this age group.  Buy a copy of  your own! 
I'm Lovin' Lit
In addition, I've gotten my files together for 5th and 6th materials.  Here are some interactive notebook ideas for teaching theme, tone, mood, literary elements, figurative language, and story devices. http://imlovinlit.blogspot.com/2013/06/interactive-notebook-linky-party-five.html
And last for today, I've gotten a lot of great information and teaching tips from www.teacherspayteachers.com.  There's lots for sale to preview to snag ideas from and there's also  A LOT of freebies that are ripe for the picking.  It includes useful pages and activities for content as well as management.

No comments:

Post a Comment